The National Certificate in Office administration provides skills and knowledge for a student to be able to coplete is a set of day-to-day activities related to financial planning, billing and recordkeeping, personnel, and physical distribution and logistics, within an organisation. The exact duties of an office administrator vary depending on the employer .Office administration includes planning work assignments for staff, supervising staff, and requesting new office equipment and repairs on existing equipment
How is the programme structured?
The National Certificate (Vocational) is a three year qualification made up of three certificates obtained on NQF Levels 2, 3 and 4.
All National Certificate (Vocational) programmes consist of for fundamentals learning component and a vocational component and comprise 130 credits on each level.
What will I Learn
The Vocational Subject for the National Certificate in Office Administration are:
- Applied Accounting (OPT) L2, L3, L4
- Business Practice L2, L3, L4
- New Venture Creation L2, L3, L4
- Office Data Processing L2, L3, L4
- Office Practice L2, L3, L4
What is the minimum entrance requirements
- A year end school report for Grade 9
- An NQF Level 1 qualification, or
- An approved bridging programme designed for the specific purpose to access NQF Level 2 , or
- A Recognition of Prior Learning (RLP) assessment to meet the basic requirements for access to NQF Level 2.
3 years full-time (1 year per level; January – December)