The National Certificate in Engineering and related design: Refrigeration provides students with the knowledge and skills they need for entry-level careers in the design, application, manufacturing, operation and maintenance of HVACR systems. The program features both coursework and hands-on lab work.
What will I learn?
The vocational subjects for the National Certificate (Vocational) Information Technology are:
- Engineering Fundamentals
- Engineering Practice and Maintenance
- Engineering Processes and Technology
- Engineering Technology
- Materials Technology
- Professional Engineering Practice
- Engineering Systems, Graphic and Design
- Applied Engineering Technology
- Fitting and Turning
- Engineering Fabrication (Boilermaking, Sheet Metal Work)
Automotive Repair and Maintenance
Refrigeration & Air-Conditionin
What is the minimum entrance requirements
- A year end school report for Grade 9
- An NQF Level 1 qualification, or
- An approved bridging programme designed for the specific purpose to access NQF Level 2 , or
- A Recognition of Prior Learning (RLP) assessment to meet the basic requirements for access to NQF Level 2.
- 3 years full-time (1 year per level; January – December)
*(Part-time – Not available)