Engineering and Related Design is all aspects of engineering design in the mechanical, geological and fabrication engineering fields. This course integrates academic knowledge and theory with practical skills and drawings. Engineering and Related Design : Fabrication Certificate allows students to beecome qualified artisans within the mechanical engineering sector. The prospective students will be exposed to a wide range of mechanical engineering subjects. The academic programme integrates the theoretical principles and the practical experience to form a holistic understanding of mechanical engineering. Students are thus prepared to fit into the activities and processes that are expected in the real world of work.
What will I learn?
The vocational subjects for the National Certificate (Vocational) Information Technology are:
- Engineering fundamentals (Level 2)
- Engineering technology (Level 2)
- Engineering systems (Level 2)
- Engineering fabrication (Levels 2,3,4)
- Engineering practice and maintenance (Level 3)
- Materials technology (Level 3)
- Engineering graphics and design (CAD) (Level 3)
- Engineering processes (Level 4)
- Professional engineering practice (Levels 4)
- Applied engineering technology (Level 4)
What is the minimum entrance requirements
A year end school report for Grade 9 or
- An NQF Level 1 qualification, or
- An approved bridging programme designed for the specific purpose to access NQF Level 2 , or
- A Recognition of Prior Learning (RLP) assessment to meet the basic requirements for access to NQF Level 2.
3 years full-time (1 year per level; January – December)
*(Part-time – Not available)