Electrical engineers design, develop and maintain electrical control systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
They design and manufacture electrical equipment for use across many sectors, including:
- the building industry and services, including lighting, heating and ventilation;
- transportation and transport networks;
- manufacturing and construction;
- production and distribution of power.
Electrical engineers are involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover. They may also be involved in maintenance programmes.
What will I Learn
- What is the minimum entrance requirements
For N1 – Grade 12
- N2- Grade 12 Certificate with A Pass in Mathematics and Physical Science
- For N4 – N3
- For N2 – N1
- For N5 – N4
- For N3 – N2 /Technical Grade 12
- For N6 – N5
The duration of each level is THREE months. Therefore a TRIMESTER timetable is followed, with registration taking place
in January, April and August, enabling the successful student to accumulate THREE national certificates during the course of one year.